Everyone's been asking us "what do you need for the house?" or "how can we help you with the house?" I really appreciate all the offers to help, but I can never think of stuff on-the-spot. So Gavin told me to sit down and make a list of the things we need to do and the things we need for the house. That way our friends and family will know and can help with what they want to. We're also planning a couple "work days" that anyone is more than welcome to come out and hep.... So here goes :)
Saturday, July 10th @ 4:00pm
Tuesday, July 13th @ 4:00pm
Friday, July 16th @ 9:00am
Things we need to do:
- Junk Removal- All the pipes, wood, glass, pots/buckets, etc. from the yard need to picked up and taken to the road. Also tear down make-shift shed and remove debris.
- Carpets- steam clean remaining carpets
- Cleaning- clean kitchen cabinets, drawers, counters, walls, sinks, and stove. Clean bathroom tubs, toilets, counters, walls, sinks, cabinets, drawers, and mirrors. Mop all tile floors. Clean fireplace.
- Indoor Painting- Repaint master bedroom and bathroom white, prime paneling and paint kids' room. Also scrape and paint concrete floor in master bedroom.
- Pressure Wash/Window Cleaning- Pressure wash outside of the house and porch. Clean all windows inside and out.
- Outdoor Painting- Repaint pillars, shutters, front door, and side of house white.
- Yard Work- Pull weeds and shrubs from around the front of the house. Kill hives and spider webs around exterior of the house (there's ALOT!) and spray for bugs inside the house.
- The Move- Moving our furniture and boxes from the duplex to our new house.
Things we need:
- White, interior, semi-gloss paint.
- White, exterior paint.
- Primer (for painting over paneling)
- Drop cloths
- One toilet kit
- 2 Cabinet hinges
- 1 can of white, waterproof Rustoleum spray paint
- Paint remover
- 1 Shower curtain
- Cleaning supplies- bleach, mildew remover, mop, floor cleaner, glass cleaner, paper towels, sponges